Indian TV actor Parth Samthaan who rose to fame with MTV ‘Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan’, has been involved in yet another controversy. A complaint of molestation was lodged against the actor by Sushmita Chakroborty, a 20-year-old model in Bangar Nagar police station under section 354 A of the Indian Penal Code on Saturday.
The model claims that Parth, her friend of several years, misbehaved with her, following which she started getting ‘insulting and shameful’ calls from men asking for ‘favours.’ She also stated that he and his friends shared her details on their Whatsapp group where they called her ‘easy’ and said that her character was bad, also leaking her pictures and that they would target 16-year-old girls.
Victim Sushmita Chakroborty has issued a statement and said “There was no dispute between me and Parth Samthaan on any financial matter. As a matter of fact, I have known him for more than 4 years. Parth has in many occasions tried to propose me- not for a relationship but having a good time. Which I have very politely turned down. It might be cool in his group for women to sleep around with him and I have no issues with other girls and the choices they make but I have a different value system. After returning from a party in an alcoholic state, Parth misbehaved with me. After which I stopped contact with him for sometime and he really apologised and as we have been friends for years, I decided to forgive him for the behaviour but soon after that, I started getting insulting and shameful calls from boys who would want favours from me.”
“Someone was sharing my number with people. Parth actually tried to show that he is helping me but in reality, he was the one out of vengeance doing it. His Whatsapp controversy where they made a group called whores and more whores where he shared details about women and his voice notes are available. The voice notes clearly mention me and him stating that I have a bad character and I am easy. Last week of January, the last time I met him, he again misbehaved with me and I informed my mother who then gave me the strength to file the FIR. Yes there was a lot of pressure from my family for this case might go public with him being an actor and we almost were discussing to take the case back with him giving a written apology but I realised that it’s not just me but the other women in the group targeted were as young as 16 years old. These actors target young girls and then share their details so that they can be exploited. Just because I didn’t give in, I was targeted and my reputation was put at stake. I am not taking any case back and I will fight it till the end. They have leaked my pictures online and revealed my name. I will not be slut shamed into taking the FIR back. I come from an educated family and I know when someone is right no matter, what difficulties will come if I stand by the truth, I will get justice.”
The FIR was filed last month, as the incident had apparently occurred on February 20. Parth has been summoned by the police, but he has not yet made his appearance.
Parth had to face a lot of heat last year when he had accused former ‘friend’ and producer Vikas Gupta of molestation. Many said that the two were in a relationship. Later TV producer Ekta Kapoor also confirmed that Vikas and Parth were in a relationship.