The film Sweetiee Weds NRI is once again in the news for wrong reasons. First it was the director Hasnain Hyderabadwala getting into an ugly spat with the film’s producers.Then it was singer composer Ankit Tiwari walking out of a song. Now, we hear the producers have chopped off actor Babloo Mukherjee’s scenes from the film.
While talking to spotboye.com, Babloo confirmed the news and said “Yes it’s true. 40% of my scenes have been deleted. This was because I supported Hasnain bhai in the spat with the producers. The spat led to Hasnain bhai quitting the project. I had told them (producers) that it was not right leaving out a veteran like Hasnain bhai. Since then the team started behaving badly with me.”
Initially Babloo was not aware that his scenes were chopped off from the film. “It was only when I went to dub the film I realised this had happened,” he elaborated.
When asked if he had a word with the producers after his scenes got deleted, he said: “Dhaval bhai (one of the producers) is based in Baroda. I had told him, but then no action was taken. Many people came back to me and said that the film looks all over the place and bilkul dam nahi hai,” he said signing off.
Babloo is the son of late comedian Keshto Mukherjee and plays Himansh Kohli’s father in the film.
Sweetiee Weds NRI stars Himansh Kohli and Zoya Afroz in lead roles. The film is set to hit theatres on June 2, 2017.