Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has landed in a legal trouble. A case has reportedly been filed against the 51-year-old actor for endorsing a shaving cream brand.
According to a report in PTI Bhasha, Rajkumar Pandey, a Bhopal resident has filed a case against the superstar after he developed rashes on his face when he used a shaving cream, which is endorsed by SRK.
What’s even more stupid is that Rajkumar in his complaint to the Bhopal consumer court has alleged that Shah Rukh is misleading people with his advertisement where he says the shaving cream is “India’s number one”. He has also said that he had to take treatment from a Government hospital after he got rashes on using the shaving cream.
Notices have also been sent to the owner of the company that manufactures the shaving cream. Wait, it gets worse. Magistrate Kashinath Singh heard the case and went ahead and sent notices to Shah Rukh, the owner of the company that manufactures the shaving cream, a local shopkeeper and the director of Madhya Pradesh Food and Drugs Department.
Well, now the clarification from SRK’s team has been circulated which claims that the actor is not the brand ambassador of the said brand right now.
The statement reads, “First and foremost, Mr. Shah Rukh Khan is currently not the ambassador of the said brand. The contract between the shaving cream brand and Mr. Khan terminated in April 2016. Also, we have not received any notice so far.”
Along with this, his spokesperson also said that he has not received any notice so far.
On the work front, SRK is currently busy in promoting his upcoming film Jab Harry Met Sejal. The film is slated to release on August 4.